About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy 1st Shawn and Tamara!!!!!!

So my girl Mara totally shocked me about a year and a half ago in a couple of ways. First off she mentioned that her mom was in Calgary visiting her and I though wow, how fun! They were shopping for a wedding dress. Wah??? You're engaged! So much for keeping up to date on my girl Mara! Secondly she asked if I would photograph their wedding. Yipes! Of course I said yes for a couple of reasons, first I love Mara (she was the first youth I ever really connected with and she will always always have a very special place in my heart), second I love photography and weddings so it was really a no brainer. But a nerve rattling, shake my confidence, what am I doing kind of no brainer. Their wedding was my first solo wedding (of course I had my main man Garth along to help but he knows less than I do about photography!) So we did it and it turned out great! Mara had always said that she'd get me to sing at her wedding and to be honest I was a little hurt that she'd found someone better than me (just kidding!!!!)- in hindsight I had the best job of the day. I got to hang out with her and her amazing amazing family the whole day. I was with her from the moment she got dressed until her dance was in full swing - I got to share in some wonderful moments and whisper in her ear that she was the most beautiful bride. I got to shed some tears with her mom and watched her Dad's eyes fill up at the sight of his girl heading off on a new path. So all in all - singing would NOT have been fun not compared to what I got to do- I had the best job of the day!!!!

I can't believe it that one year has already gone by for my girl Mara. It only seems like a little while ago that I awoke to her wedding day hoping and praying for a great day. And it was a great day for Shawn and Tamara just not for a person's body temperature. I'm sure that the Lord held a watering can over Calgary all day! It rained literally that whole Saturday! And not the warm oh we can still get some great shots in the light little drops falling, BUT there is no way we can get out there without a tarp and heater! It was cold! But you never know about Calgary and June, and apparently it did it again this weekend(except that it snowed!!). Anyways enough about the weather, it was a beautiful day in the fact that the Shawn and Tamara were in love with eachother and with the Lord and it was so evident throughout the whole day.

So in honor of their amazing day here a few of MY favorites.

Can't help but wonder what is going thru her head at this point, I think she was just shocked at the fact that she was now a Mrs.?
So we couldn't get outside for a whole bunch of shots, but her aunt and uncle's place totally made up for it. Amazing location! And I liked the day even better when we got them alone.



Not a great shot technically BUT, I love the emotion coming from both father and daughter. Such a tender and bittersweet moment!
Beautiful! Just Beautiful. BEAUTIFUL!!! I could stare at her photos all day long, but I don't cuz that would be kinda creepy I think.


No comments: