About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Saturday, January 7, 2012

Best Friends say I Do - Calgary Wedding Photography

"Only 4 days until I marry my best friend!!!" read her facebook update.  I immediately clicked like and mentally checked one more day off the countdown.  Christina has been part of my life for over 10 years and I was extremely excited to be part of her wedding day.  She's one of my girls.  And I was so honored to spend the day with her and Adam.  You may remember these two from their engagement photos that we took almost a year to the day.

These two are truly best friends....seriously....best.friends.  It was enlightening to watch them interact throughout their wedding day, laughing, joking around, sharing secrets....it made my heart seriously happy.  And even in spite of the cold wind blowing off the Glenmore Resevoir these two made their first look easy.  They chose to see each other before the ceremony to give them some time alone before the hustle and bustle of the day.  I LOVE first looks as it give everyone some time to relax and enjoy the whole moment of seeing each other for the first time.  It's intimate, exciting and full of emotion and gives the couple some time to just be.  (okay...enough of why I love first looks!).

The ceremony and reception/dance was at Heritage Park so we took advantage of having the whole park to ourselves and wandered around (quickly though...it was cold!) hopping in and out of vehicles to warm up.  These two were amazing and recognized that this was a once in a lifetime moment that needed to have images captured and gave of themselves freely. I was so thankful for their willingness to stay outside and make use of the gorgeous light.

Because I had waaaaaay too many images, I've decided to stretch out these postings. So there will be a couple more to see the whole day.  Enjoy!

Share some comment love...I love reading your comments!  Check back in a day or two to see more!






Even though Christina is a die hard Flames fan, she honored Adam on
their wedding day but sporting a Bruins garter....now THAT is love.




 I love this set of images of Christina....isn't she gorgeous! Those eyes!!



Right now this is one of my favorite images of the day....but that
may change after I take a closer look at all of them!



Garth's view of the first look....I love her face here....do you like what you see Adam?
Trust me....He did!!
My view from the first look.... or a few seconds after!


These two were a HOOT!  Here they are stretching their legs before walking.


As you will see in later images, I loved these hats! And they did too
obviously as they needed a break from the camera I guess!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Carly, these photos are absolutely beautiful! We are truly honored you took our photos! Amazing, thank you friend!!

Unknown said...

Love these photos!!! You captured so much of their personalities in the pictures!! Michelle