About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, May 28, 2012

Finally getting it!.......Calgary Women's Beauty Photography

I have wanted one for ages.  One that would be around for a long time.  One I actually loved.  One that my family loved.  One that would show me...who I am...and who I was when time has passed.  I'd always found something to not like in a photo of myself.  I'd pick it apart, I was having a bad hair day, I was looking super puffy, you could see a roll or two, I didn't like my pants, my skin was looking terrible, where did that second chin come from, you know the usual.  I've had some time under my belt, some laugh lines are appearing, grey hair is in the future, I've had some babies, psoriasis has struck....my body has changed and I hated the images I'd had.  I often see images hanging on walls or on desks that are timeless.  You know the Grace Kelly/Audrey Hepburn timeless kind of image.  Something that will be around forever and doesn't contain floral patterned bell bottoms and a tube top. (side note...that was when I was like 4 years old people!).

Being around photography all the time ramps up my critique of images of myself and so I often felt that I'd never get one that I'd be happy with.  That all changed a couple months ago and confirmed something that I'd been mulling over for quite some time.  I had the opportunity to model for two photographers. (yup...you read that right...me...model. Watch out Tyra!!)  It was an experience that I won't soon forget.

Two weeks prior I found myself so excited with anticipation as I decided on what I should wear, how I should have my hair done.  I felt so amazing that whole day....hair...make-up....clothes....photos. It was a blast! I experienced something that day that I hadn't in a long time.  I felt confident, strong, beautiful.....radiant.  At no point was I self conscious about my skin or my weight.  I was in the moment and enjoyed every single second of it.  It helped that I had two amazing photographers!  Huge thanks to Joelene Mills of Joelene Mills Photography and Sheila Buhr of Forever Captured Photography.  As a result of their amazing talent and the skills of the hair and make up artist I finally got it....those images that I'll keep forever.

As I walked through the whole process I kept coming back to my photography and the direction I wanted to head.  Women have an innate desire to feel beautiful, to feel confident, to look beautiful, to be remembered.  I want to give that chance to women...I want them to have those images that will be seen by generations to come that are timeless and a true representation of her.  And so with that I'd love to introduce a new branch to c koop photography....Radiant - Women's Photography.  Capturing your radiance and sealing it forever in images.  Timeless images for every woman.  Stayed tuned for featured Radiant shoots. 

Below are 3 images....a before shot (yup...here's Carly with no makeup and hair freshly washed!!) as well as two images from my talented photographer friends!Thank you ladies....I love them!

c koop photography
facebook










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if it matters at all to you my amazing and beautiful big sister - I have always found you beautiful and lovely to behold. You have always had a confidence that i aspired to!! In my youth, i was known as Carly's little sister and I was okay with that - thought it was pretty cool as a matter of fact!! You have always been significant, beautiful, unique and classic in my eyes. I love ya
Nik

Karla Dick said...

Carly you are stunning in all of those photos! I love your plan and I know you are gonna succeed!
I had those same feelings when we did our girlfriends shoot and anniversary photos with you!
Thank-you again for our memories :) I made a photo book with our anniversary ones, I will have to show you sometime!
Karla

Lynn said...

These are beautiful photos of a beautiful woman! I'm excited for next weekend!!